In the “Products That Make Long-Term Fat Loss Easier” appendix of The Smarter Science of Slim I mention that I make “chocolate-peanut-butter fudge that takes care of my sweet tooth while keeping me SANE.”
“If you like chocolate, buying unsweetened cocoa in bulk is a great cost saver. Amazon.com’s Subscribe and Save service is the way to go here. Unlike chocolate, pure cocoa is one of the most SANE foods in the world. I mix chocolate protein powder, natural peanut butter, cocoa, cinnamon, flax seed oil, and Splenda to make chocolate-peanut-butter fudge that takes care of my sweet tooth while keeping me SANE. It can also be baked into SANE brownies.”
Here’s the recipe. Do a little experimenting with the ratios to create your own perfect recipe.
- Two parts Beverly Nutrition Chocolate Ultimate Muscle ProteinThis is the “secret ingredient.” I have not experienced any other protein powder which works as well as this powder for fudge/baking.
- One to two parts Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Whey ProteinThis is important to maximize the SANEity of the mixture
- One to two parts cocoa
- One part natural peanut butter
- A tablespoon or two of flaxseed oil
- As much cinnamon as you like
- As much Splenda or Stevia as you like
- As much or a little water as you’d like
Put the flax seed oil and natural peanut butter into a mixing bowl and microwave for thirty seconds to soften. Mix those two ingredients and then add the others. Hand mix while adding the water. My preference is to add water until I arrive at a consistency slightly thicker than pancake batter. The mixture will thicken when left in the fridge.
You can eat the mixture right out of the mixing bowl as fudge, or you can microwaved/baked it into a brownie. I like to microwave/bake some and then to use a little bit of the batter as “frosting.” I also make a big batch of batter on Sundays so that it’s ready for me all week long.
Let me know how you like it. Of course, it’s not as good as actual fudge or a brownie. However, I find it to be a great substitute if you’d like to go SANE.