Many members of The Smarter Science of Slim Community have shared all sorts of delicious ways to enjoy plain Greek yogurt (here, here, here). One way that I recently discovered involves using plain Greek yogurt to make what tastes like the filling of a peanut butter pie. The neat thing is that while this mixture can be put into a SANE pie crust, if you enjoy it right out of the bowl, it’s 44% protein, 42% healthy fats, and 14% carbohydrate. To put that in perspective, eggs are 29% protein, tofu is 37% protein, and salmon is 48% protein. That peanut butter pie sounds more like a SANE meal than a dessert.
Of course it’s not going to be as good as actual peanut butter pie filling, but getting as close as this gets while staying SANE makes me happy :)
- Non-fat plain Greek yogurt + non-caloric sweetener of your choice
- 2 cups non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup + a tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- What would be equivalent to approximately 2 tablespoons of sugar worth of the non-caloric sweetener of your choice (start with less and add more according to your desired level of sweetness)
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein isolate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grain-Free Honey Graham Cracker Pie Crust I recommend leaving out the honey
What do you think? Share. Get support. Learn simple science. Join us in the Smarter Science of Slim Community today!